We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read through carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of meeting data protection legislation the data controller is Mark Powell Mechanical Services Ltd, Unit 6 Bottom Yard, Oakfield Industrial Estate, Eynsham, Oxon OX29 4TN. This means Mark Powell Mechanical Services Ltd decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. For any queries relating to our data processing please contact us at the above address or email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence should be addressed for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data:
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To process orders and provide goods or services to our customers, either at their request or in order to fulfil an existing contract.
To keep effective records of our customers and suppliers.
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:-
name, address, job title, e-mail address, mobile and other phone numbers.
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data is as follows:
Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract. FOR EXAMPLE for sales, service and hire.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with other 3rd party professional agents, ie our accountant.
DATA Retention - how long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary to maintain our customer records efficiently and in order to service customer accounts effectively. We take into account various factors, including, but not limited to, the purpose for which we have your information.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. However, failure to provide us with data will prevent or hinder us from servicing the requirements of your account efficiently and effectively.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Your Right to be Informed – The right to information about how your personal data is processed.
- Your Right of Access - The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you.
- Your Right to Rectification - The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- Your Right to Erasure - The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data.
- The Right of Data Portability - The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The Right to Restrict Processing - The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The Right to Object - The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making including profiling.
You can find out more information about your rights on the Information Commision’s Office (ICO) website, ref http://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/ The ICO are the Supervising Authority for Data Protection in the UK and you have the right to complain to them should you wish to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us on email@example.com
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.